Joel is about to go through a transition period of his life as he makes a job-related change. This brings out a discussion on the lasting impacts of “major moments” in one’s life and how we remember things later in life. What is career-related moments overshadow the smaller, warm and fuzzy moments of day to day life? Chris thinks Joel is maybe overthinking things before they even happen. One thing is for certain though: this podcast is continuing to get more and more philosophical as the episodes go by.
Dear listeners, is that what you want? We are super desperate for any kind of input from you. Let us know you exist and are listening. Recommend us some cool guests, while you’re at it.
- “New York is the greatest city in the world and always will be.”
- “I feel like you’re putting the cart before the horse here.”
- “I don’t want my life story to be one of career moments.”
- “If there is a moment for reflection, now is the time.”
- “Everyone read some books, they’re good for you.”
- 30″ stainless steel over-the-range shelf
- Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- CivilWarLand in Bad Decline by George Saunders
- Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead