Hey NARJologists! As promised on the show a few weeks ago, we’ve decided to do a monthly roundup of key stats, expenses, and more.
This is our first of these roundups, and we probably won’t get it right. If there’s more you want to see, let us know, and we’ll include it next time!
We walk through the stats, and try to get some insights from them, in Episode 34, which is available now.
Key events and happenings this month:
- We switched from Thursday to Wednesday distribution (and have kept up with it, surprisingly)
- Our second ad on MBMBaM ran at the end of February; we discussed the results in Episode 30
- Joel’s story “No Greater Love Than This” was released!
Here are a few key stats from 1 March 2014 through 31 March 2014:
- Episodes posted: 4 (episodes 30–33)
- Listener questions answered: 4
- Web stats (provided by Google Analytics)
- Unique Visitors: 219
- Visits: 513
- Pageviews: 635
- Pages/visit: 1.24
- Avg. visit duration: 00:01:26
- Bounce rate: 38.99%
- % New visits: 39.18%
- Download stats (provided by Blubrry)
- Total downloads: 3,351
- Unique downloads: 2,338
- Episode 30 downloads (total/unique): 494/348
- Episode 31: 418/301
- Episode 32: 367/267
- Episode 33: 325/232
- RSS subscriber stats (provided by FeedPress)
- Total subscribers: 735
- Peak subscribers: 839 (11 March)
- Top feed reader: Podcasts (iOS); 387 users
- Note: I’m not including download stats from FeedPress. Generally speaking FeedPress seems to count around 30–50 more uniques than Blubrry, and 5–15 more total hits. We’re being conservative and taking the lower numbers from Blubrry.
- Email stats (provided by MailChimp)
- Emails sent: 0
- Total subscribers: 6
- New subscribers: 0
- Budget spent: ~$51
- Editing: $40
- Download stats (Blubrry): $5
- VA to format episode posts: ~$5
- Stock images (DollarPhotoClub): $1 (only episode 33 has a paid stock photo this month)